FAQ – Københavns Universitet



Question: How do I apply to the programme?
Answer: You can download the Application Form from this website. Please fill in the form and send it with all obligatory enclosures to the FONASO Secretariat.

Question: Is it acceptable to send the application form electronically?
Answer: No! We must receive a hard copy before the deadline. However, we do accept letters of recommendation sent as a pdf attachment directly to us by the referee.

Question: Is the application deadline by postmark?
Answer: No! Your application must have been received at the Secretariat no later than the date of the deadline in order to be considered.

Question: Is it possible to apply to more than one ERASMUS MUNDUS programme?
Answer: Yes! You can apply to three programmes in total. However, be aware of the specific academic requirements and profiles of each programme.

Question: Can I apply if I get my MSc/MA degree after application deadline but before start of the coming academic year?
Answer: No! an MSc/MA degree must have been completed at the time of application.

Question: Is it possible to apply for part-time enrolment?
Answer: No! all the EMJD fellowships are awarded exclusively for full-time enrolment.

Question: Can I do my PhD anywhere in the world?
Answer: You are enrolled at two of the seven European university partners in FONASO. But you can indeed conduct field work anywhere - this will be decided by the topic you apply to and the research questions you will be trying to answer.  Note that if you are a Category B fellowship holder the two universities you are enrolled at must be located in countries different from the country in which you obtained your last university degree.

Question: If I have a joint, multiple or double MSc/MA degree and one of my universities is involved in the wanted mobility component, will that exclude me from applying?
Answer: No! applicants with a joint, multiple, double degree can select the award country of their choice.

Question: If I am a non-native English speaker and have a MSc/MA degree from a university using English as medium of instruction, do I need to provide an English proficiency test?
Answer: No! but you will need to include a written statement from your university confirming that the degree was conducted in English.

Question: What kind of certification is required?
Answer: Your documents must have an original stamp and a signature verifying the True Copy. Typically, your university will be able to assist you in certifying your documents. Otherwise, we also accept signatures by embassies and representations or public offices, e.g. police stations.

Question: Will submitted material be returned to me?
Answer: No! Submitted material is never returned. It is destroyed or filed (for accepted students).